20080112

My Life Got Flip Turned-Upside Down

And I like to take a minute, Just sit right there...

As anyone in the Army knows, your life can change in an instant. One minute everything seems normal, you are living your life. Working, and playing and going to school.

But in a heartbeat, a single phone call, everything changes. Friday we received that phone call.

We knew that eventually Will would be mobilized, active duty, deployed. We were counting on it happening some time in 2009, as that was the projected date for his units' deployment. Now we know he will actually be deployed, as in LEAVING US, this spring. But in order to be deployable, he needs to finish a couple of classes. This however does not save him from his units' deployment. It changes the classes he was planning on taking after Rhayn's birthday to imminent. He will be leaving shortly. He will be leaving most likely in the next month (nothing for sure on that yet.)

So my life, which felt doable just two days ago, as I worried about child care, and taking a class, is now turned topsy turvy and completely for a loop. I am numb in a way. Not even sure what I need to do where I need to be, how I need to be. Only sure that my class is not possible at this point. And oh so very happy that I have friends at Rhayn's school and beyond, that are here for me, and have offered so much help already. I appreciate all that I have.

2 comments:

purplelurple said...

I am so sorry. :( We just want to let you know that anytime you need it our house is open to you and the girls. Anything you need please let us know. Sorry we aren't closer to help out with the babysitting.

Amie said...

So sorry to hear it. Wish I were closer to take the girls. =(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...