20050716

Birthdays and War

I am feeling sick, yea. Will has had a cold and I was hoping I wouldn't get it. It looks like I did though.

Today is Will's birthday. He is 28, it is coincidentally my brother Andrew's birthday, he is 24, I think.

Andrew is in the military currently stationed in Germany, so we hardly get to talk to him. He calls my mom often so we know he is still alive and doing fairly well. He served his time in Iraq last year, and was stationed there from February 2004. I know that there are a lot of things he say that he may never talk about, and it has really got to be hard. It has been hard on all of us.

Will's best friend is currently in Iraq. He worries about him often, and I do to. I know there have been extremely stressful times for Will when he really starts to fear for his friend, especially when he hasn't talked to him in a while. I hope that he gets to come home soon, and we can have a break from worry until Will is deployed.

I do not support the war at all, but I support our soldiers. I think they are doing what they think is right, even if it is really messed up. I totally think that our leaders are crazy and should be replaced. But none of it will help. So many innocent lives have passed and so many more will before something can be done. I just hope that it isn't my family member who is killed. This war is not going to stop terrorist attacks on anyone. All we are doing is forcing ourselves upon a nation with different beliefs than our own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...