20130413

30 weeks already

I need to take a picture of my belly today. I haven't been very good lately at taking weekly pictures. This picture is from my pregnancy with Natalie. I look about the same now, I think.

At 30 weeks this time, I get dizzy easily. My hands are swollen if I try to sleep with my rings on. My baby feels huge, I feel huge. My pelvis hurts if I do too much (especially if I am moving furniture, which is something I seem to do often while pregnant!) See what I mean, here and here. I was exactly 30 weeks along at that time.

When I was 30 weeks along with Natalie I could make out her body parts better. I have an anterior placenta this time and it muffles much of the movement. Sometimes I can feel a poke- like an arm/hand or leg/foot. I don't know what she's doing in there but sometimes, it hurts. I don't remember any pain at this point in pregnancy with the other girls. I feel so much more irritable this time, too. I wonder how much of it has to do with not sleeping. Because that is just irritating. Natalie is also a handful. I love that little girl, but she gets into everything. EVERYTHING. She's great when we're out of the house but if I don't follow her around she will empty whole bottles of lotion on the floor. (She is currently in my room, being quiet, which means bad things, but I am tired from chasing her and it isn't even 10am yet!)

I've been knitting like crazy lately.
My online due date club is doing a gift swap and I made a sweet little hat and some scratch mittens for newbies. I bought sock yarn for these and I love the way they turned out. The little scratch mittens knit up so quickly that when I finish the sweater I am working on I may make my girl a few in the yarn I have left over, or maybe I will buy more yarn (MORE! MORE!) and make her some. Or maybe I'll attempt baby socks again. I bought the wrong size of needles last time, I need a 1 and I bought a 2.

I still haven't gotten out the box of baby clothes I have, but I doubt I have much in the way of new baby stuff. I think I got rid of most of it when Natalie outgrew it, you know, since we were done having babies and all. I need to do that to see if there are things I need. My local friends are throwing me a sort of baby shower. I am excited since I didn't have one last time (and it was a source of sadness for me). I'm not at that point of nesting yet.

I have met with the local midwife that I will probably use. I like her well enough, but she's no Pam LM. I forgot I had an OB appointment on Friday and totally missed it. :/ I am still not sure what to do. I feel torn in two about the birth. I want to have another perfect homebirth, but there is a part of me that wants to have her in the hospital and have those few days of being sort of pampered, food brought to me... it sounds nice.

Will and I have a weekend getaway planned for next weekend. I am really looking forward to that, to not worrying about Natalie and sitting around, maybe seeing a movie, eating a lot of different food. And of course getting to spend all of that time with Will alone. We haven't done that in so very long. It will be good for us, I know we both need some time away from our life.

I'm not really sure what else I need to write about, I am off to shower and hope that the migraine I have leaves because we're supposed to go to a birthday party at the pool this afternoon and it is loud there, so not fun with a migraine.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...