But by nightfall the new door was in place.
Then we replaced the laminate in our living room.
|New floor going down.|
|Doorway into the "yellow dining room" that we use as as office.|
|Framing it in. We left the top of the arch free as a small window to let light in/out.|
I spent the week putting up drywall and finishing it, and of course, the almost final step- painting our living room (something I've wanted to do since we first moved in.)
We still have a little bit of finish work, baseboards, door casing but it looks so much better than it did.
I don't remember if I posted the half wall project from the weekend before that- but we built a small half wall to separate the kitchen from the living room so that we could safely put our piano in the main living space. It had been sadly tucked into a corner in the office and was rarely used there. I wanted it in the living room, because I (oddly) love the sound of small children playing it. And Natalie loves playing the low notes. It just makes me happy for some reason.