Apparently I just have nothing to say so I am doing tags and memes.
1. Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
1st: At my friend's house.
2nd: At home in my bathroom.
2. Who was with you?
1st: Um, my friend.
3. What was your first reaction?
1st: Oh crap.
4.What was your husband's reaction?
1st: Its complicated.
2nd: He was excited, but worried that something would happen. (I had already had 2 miscarriages)
5. Who was the first person you told?
1st: My friend, then my mom/dad
2nd: Online friends. I was so excited that I couldn't wait for Will to get home.
6. Were the pregnancies planned?
1st: no- not at all. We were not even together when I found out.
2nd: Oh yes, she was very planned.
7. Was everyone happy for you?
1st: Its hard to say- unmarried, 22, not even with the father. No probably not.
2nd: I think so.
8. What was the sex?
9. What was the nursery theme/colors?
1st: right, a theme? None
10. Did anyone throw a shower for you?
1st: Yes, my mom and her good friend did.
2nd: No, but since my sister was having her first baby at the same time, she had one. I received a few gifts there.
11. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use?
2nd: I think I used some of the aforementioned outfits for Gwennie.
12. How much weight did you gain?
1st: 50ish lbs
2nd: 25ish lbs
13. Did you get stretch marks?
1st: On my BUTT!
2nd: Yes a few, but mostly around my belly button
14. Did you crave anything crazy?
1st: Dr. Pepper, Sauerkraut, Big Macs,
2nd: Lemons with salt on them, hashbrowns with cheese and onions, In and Out cheeseburgers (because I was too high class to eat at McDonalds.)
15. Who or what got on your nerves the most?
1st: No one that I can think of, I think when I am pregnant I am less annoyed at people.
2nd: Same, but I do remember Rhayn being a little annoying.
16. Where were you when you went into labor?
1st: At home, but I think I really started labor in Math 151.
2nd: We started my labor at home on the couch.
17. Did you have any complications?
2nd: She was breech for a while and had to have her turned, but it was successful.
18. Did your water break?
1st: The darn nurse broke it.
2nd: The midwife broke it.
19. Who drove you to the hospital?
1st: My Dad
2nd: We stayed home- HOME BIRTH Yeah!
20. Did you go early or late?
1st: I went into labor on her due date but she was born the next morning.
2nd: Ditto- on her due date and born the next day.
21. Who was in the room?
1. My mom, Dad and Grandma (it was the first baby she ever saw being born, it made her middle name even more special. Also my grandma cut the cord.) Um the doctor, some nurses.
2. Will, my mom, the midwife, student midwife, my dad was right outside the door. And my sister (dacheese) and Rhayn were downstairs.
22. Did you video tape it?
No- not at all.
23. Did you have any pain medication?
2nd: nothing at all
24. Did you have a c-section or natural?
vaginal both times.
25. What was your reaction to the birth?
They were awesome, but Gwennie's birth was empowering. I felt like superwoman afterward!
26. How big was the baby?
1st: 6 lbs 14 oz
2nd: 8 lbs
27. What was the baby's full name?
1st: Rhayn Loretta (my Grandma's first name)
2nd: Gwennie Meg
28. Did your husband cry?
1. He wasn't even there at Rhayn's birth. I know- I don't want to talk about the stupidness, ok?
2. No. He was too busy worrying about everything to be emotional.
29. When is the next one coming?
Um... talk to Will. I would like it in the next year. He says never. So its a toss up.
30. If you could, would you do it all over again?
Yes. Although I would do Rhayn's birth differently. I would, for one thing, allow Will to be there. I really screwed that up. It was an awful thing to do to keep him away from the birth of his first child. Luckily it didn't stop the bonding at all.