20070106

Me Oh My Oh

Yup, I should have known! Gwennie is stuffy, so not fully emptying the breast. Two days ago it hurt, but I was able to get the pain to go away. Last night I went to bed early with a migraine, too. This morning, I woke up at 530 when Will set off the fire alarm burning tortillas. My head was pounding and my left breast feels like it is on fire. After taking my temperature (101.9) I deduct that once again its a lovely breast infection. I am trying to make myself eat, and take some medicine, but really I want to lay on the couch and cry.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.

On top of it, I have to put eye drops in Gwennie right eye four times a day, AND give her the nastiest tasting amoxicillin ever made (it just tastes like ground up pills and aspartame.) Every time I give it to her she spits it out.

Oh, did I mention the trip to the Urgent Care yesterday? I tried to get an appointment with our doctor, but they were full. They suggested I take her to urgent care, so I called our insurance to make sure it was ok, they gave me an authorization code (just in case.) So we headed out. We were there for almost two hours. Finally they take her back, and the doctor looks at her, checks her ears and nose and eyes. Final verdict? Conjunctivitis (pink eye) and a sinus o r upper respiratory infection. FUN!

She can't really eat, which means she really isn't peeing. Which means she is becoming dehydrated. We are running out of food in our house, I had planned on a grocery store trip today.

Also, Rhayn had gone to stay at Grandma's house, and I am supposed to go pick her up today. I had to call JVA and ask him to bring her up here (luckily he and SLA were headed up to the valley already this afternoon.) I am so lucky to have such a great family. I need them right now. It has been easier dealing with Gwennie while Rhayn isn't here. She is a pretty good help. (Did I also mention Will is NOT home, as its drill weekend? Yeah, of course.)

3 comments:

Amie said...

Oh gosh, you poor girl! Both of you! The good thing about pink eye and the medicine is that it clears up almost within the first two doses of eye drops. Just keep doing it for the fully prescribed amount or it'll come back. You have had a couple of really crappy days. Take care of yourself!

nyjlm said...

oh poor mama and baby!

some ideas for you: can you squirt some breast milk in her eye? (or into a cup and then use a dropper) Many moms have seen great improvement after this treatment. Will she let you give her saline nose drops? Maybe you can unstuff her enough to nurse.

Here's a faq on mastitis, tho it sounds like you know the drill:
http://www.llli.org/FAQ/mastitis.html
And another good link:
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html

I'm hoping you can scrounge something together for dinner or order pizza so you and baby can rest. Oh, one more thing- if you can hand express milk or pump you could make Gwynnie a breastmilk popsicle!

Sending many get well vibes.

Lil said...

Oh No!! I hope you feel better soon - and Will can take over soon too!

Lil xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...