20070102

Happy New Year!

We went to the in-laws for New Year's Eve. We figured if we had a chance of making it to midnight, it would be there, and most definitely NOT at home.

There was a ton of finger food to be eaten, and we played "Totally 80s Trivial Pursuit" (thanks to Purplelurple and my brother!) Will and I won more pie pieces, even though we were babes in the 80s. The other players had actually been teenagers in the 80s, but maybe there is something to be said from living through a decade but getting your knowledge of it as history, and not experience? It was fun nonetheless.

In the bathroom they have this really fancy potty chair. Every time I went potty Gwennie came with me, and would sit on it. When I was getting her ready for bed, I sat her on it, naked. She peed in the potty! I had to run and get Will. Yes, it makes me a little hopeful that she will potty train early, but I also remember that Rhayn did this a few times when she was fairly young. When we were getting ready to leave to come home yesterday, I put her diaperless on the potty again. She sat there a few minutes, Rhayn watching her in awe of her "not a baby" sister. Gwennie did not pee right away. She also would not get up. Finally she did go, and she got up, quite pleased with herself.

So Rhayn started walking on Christmas day, at the In Laws. Gwennie peed in the potty on New Year's Eve for the first time, at the In Laws.

We did make it to midnight. Rhayn and her cousin were awake. I guess Rhayn made it last year, also. It is easier if you are doing it with someone else!

Happy New Year All!

3 comments:

abeNanna said...

We did not make it to midnight, but that is another story - just read my blog. LOL

abeNanna said...

Oh, and maybe Gwennie will be like her mom - you were trained around 18 months. Not that I was determined you would be. You just decided that is what you wanted. Should be a fun year either way.

None said...

Ha ha....I'v been there many many years ago and it's nice to be remembered ;)

Kind regards from a 61 year young grandmother of the Netherlands!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...