20061031

Halloween: part 1


Rhayn's school has a "Penny Faire." They have little games and win prizes. There is healthy food galore and books to be bought. Each child brings many pennies, and uses them to play the games.

This is "Little Jack Horner" (yes the games are all nursery rhyme themed.) Here Rhayn has stuck in her thumb and pulled out a plum, oh what a good girl she is!

I made the pie, and it was a long process, and it didn't come out as nice as I wanted, but everyone said it was great. In fact, I was so tired of looking at the pie that when I dropped it off, I felt quite a bit like celebrating! I made a pact with the lady who made the fruit (felted fruit) to put inside of it, that we would NOT volunteer again. Jokingly, because I am sure we will most definitely volunteer again, it is our daughters' school, and her husband is Rhayn's teacher.

Gwennie actually left the hood of her costume on. Poor little thing she was so hot. But really she looks so cute! We had a great time, and look forward to many other fun events at the school.

In a few weeks (maybe it is next week?) We have a festival where we go at night and they walk around carrying candles. It is a solemn event.

2 comments:

lvh said...

Hey that pie is neat - great job. Did you make Gwen's costume - can't wait to see more pix.

Lil said...

Great shots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...