20061030

13 Months Old


Dearest Gwennie Bug,

You are now thirteen months old. Such a big, BIG girl! It amazes me how neat you have become as your personality really develops.

Suddenly you are “too big” to be carried all of the time. It is sad sometimes, so much easier to have you in a sling when we go shopping, but you scream and try to fling yourself to the floor so you may walk. I remember this stage so clearly with Rhay>n. I remember how much I hated it.

This weekend was busy, your Uncle G’Ra>t married his wonderful fiancĂ©. It was a lovely ceremony, and you were good through most of the day. You really enjoyed playing with the ice that was left over afterwards. You actually sat and ate and ate it. Your hand and feet turning red from the cold, as you shoved more into your mouth.

Sunday we went to the Mesa Southwest Museum. First we went out for vegetarian curry, though. Yum, yum. They have these dosas t>hat are delectable, with a potato mixture inside of a huge crepe. I gave you a taste and you made an awful face. There was something about the potato concoction that you did NOT like. I tried again towards the end of the meal, to see if maybe you had bitten a spicy spot or something like that, but no. You shuddered and spit it out.

At the museum you became so excited about the huge dinosaur statue in the front, that we couldn’="">nt wait to take you inside. The joy on your face made the trip worthwhile, even though we have been in there many times, looking at the same exhibits. Your delight in it all truly makes my day.

You have once again been sick. These neon green boogers dripping from your nostrils like slime strings. It has been fun. Last night while we were sleeping, you clung to me. I tried to roll away and your little hands just gripped me tighter. You pulled yourself onto my chest and I held you that way for a long time. Sometimes you remind me that you are still a baby, still just my little baby girl. And I know, you won’t be >this way for that much longer. So I think, I will just grip you a little bit tighter also, and hold on, trying to remember you like this forever, remember how sweet and delicious you smell and feel at this very moment.

I love you so very much,



Love,
Your Mama

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...