20101110

Sewing

I was skimming craft blogs this morning and came across this tutorial on Make It and Love It. I thought to myself, I have a sweater that I have been hanging onto waiting for just the right project.The pattern is only on one side. Its a little washed out looking in this picture but its a nice gray/red/black palate in 100% Extra-fine Merino wool. It had a few small holes and had been felted in the wash (purchased at a thrift store).

I have a purse from The Sak, similar to this one that I bought, on clearance at Dillard's, a couple of years ago. It is teal/navy and very soft (its a natural fiber). I really like it.

So using the tutorial from Make It and Love It and my Sak purse, I was able to come up with a pretty nicely sized purse. I added a red zipper, and an interior pocket with elastic at the top. Also the inside is black canvas. Hopefully the purse is sturdy and will last for a while.

Gwennie modeled it for me, but then wanted to take a picture of me with it. So of course, I had to stand so you can sort of see the bump. I know its small, but its growing! (Also I look awful today, I haven't even brushed my hair. Yikes.)

2 comments:

lvh said...

That is so cool - makes me want to run out and buy an old sweater and send it to you so you can make one for me.

Amanda said...

Gorgeous! Nice work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...