It has been a while since I wrote an update on the patio cover redo. Probably because for the longest time it felt like it would never be done.
We are nearing completion of the part Will is doing. He is going to hire the stucco work done (we did before.) Its finally getting to where you can see the end result and it is very exciting.
As you all know, he started this project because the first time he built it he did not use the correct materials, and over the course of a few years it has warped from rain and heat and cold. He had to basically tear down all of the roof and rebuild it. Its taken a few months longer than he thought. (It is a huge patio cover, about 40 feet long by 11 feet deep.) We both decided that while he was rebuilding it, he would give it a faux balcony or parapet. It will work to protect the roofing from those killer monsoons and the wind that comes with them, as well as making it look more complete.
He has rebuilt it all, and is on the final leg of the parapet. I can't wait to see the finished project. I know he feels the same.