20091213

Today I will be finishing up most of my Christmas shopping. Not that I have a lot left to do, but there is a little. I want to give the girls their own sewing baskets, complete with scissors, fabric and glue. You may think it wrong to trust a 4 year old, who has let her sister and one of her friends cut her hair, with scissors but I think if she is given explicit instructions to only cut fabric with them, she will listen. (Okay really its just that I want to believe in her.)

I can't wait to see how excited they are to open the baskets. They have both asked for their own sewing and knitting stuff.

What gift are you most excited about giving this year? Which gift do you think your kids/spouse will most appreciate?

3 comments:

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Aww I'm sure they will love it! I think all the baby accessories that we got Leala will be her favorite.. she's all about her baby right now...

Mandy said...

I think it is so great that you are encouraging your girls to sew this early in life! :) I only wish I had been taught some domestic arts as a kid... I am stumbling through learning to sew now, am hopeless at gardening, rely on books to cook anything, have no idea how to meal plan... you get the point! :) They will appreciate it as they grow older!!

HomegrownTexan said...

I think it's good to trust your kids with something like that. I have done the same (with other things). Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn't, but I think it's good to give them our confidence in things they view as important and/or "grown up".

I sewed snuggies for the boys. I found 2 different polar fleece penguin prints for them, which I'm sure will be a big hit, since they are both completely enamored with penguins right now. They've both been asking for snuggies, and they are also both the type who appreciate something that is made just for them (as opposed to bought). I'm not the greatest seamstress, but it was a simple project and they aren't discriminating enough to notice or care about any minor mistakes I did make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...