So here is my simple recipe for salsa. Because I was making some this morning and thought, huh? I should take a picture of that, it is so pretty.
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, juices and all- today I also threw in a few fresh yellow tomatoes from the farmer's market (peeking out under the red onion in the picture.) You can also use canned fire-roasted tomatoes, for a different flavor. Really, just play around with what you have!
- 1/4 cup (more or less) diced onions, I used red today because that was what I had.
- a few rings of nacho sliced jalapenos, plus some juice. More or less to taste. Or if you have fresh, more power to you, it will taste better. (In my opinion. But I did not have any that were ripe enough in my garden.)
- some chopped cilantro (fresh from my garden!)
- 1 (or more) cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 lime's worth of juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
When your salsa is combined, pour it into an old salsa jar that you have saved. (Or any containerl.) Make sure you date it, because I think you should, then place in refrigerator for about an hour so that the flavors marry into the perfection that is salsa.
Now bask in the glory that you made salsa, it was easy, wasn't it?