20061118

Winter Faire


Rhayn's school had a Winter Faire today. Basically it was a craft fair, but there were also some things you could do- like an "Angel room" you paid a ticket and the kid walks in a room and is able to pick a prize. They also had a rock wall to climb, and hopefully my mom will post pictures of Rhayn climbing that. She made it to the top, my super duper brave girl! She told me later that she was "wiggling the whole time." I asked her what she meant and she said "You know, wiggling like when you are scared." Ah- she was "wiggling like a leaf." I didn't bring my camera in until later.

Will has been sick and so he came for a little while, but it was too much for him. I am glad he came, he isn't able to participate in Rhayn's school stuff very often. I know that he feels weird at her school, I mean he wouldn't be caught DEAD in a tie-dyed shirt and that is practically the school uniform. There are times that I don't feel totally comfortable there, like when they are all talking about being vegan- I just don't "get" that. I like cheese way too much. I can understand vegetarian, I was that for a while. (Steak- its my downfall- but I love vegetables, and tofu, so it isn't hard to do... sometimes.)


We purchased some matching tie-dyed shirts for the girls. I let Rhayn pick her out, then found a similar one for Gwennie. I think I want to make them into dresses- you know, sew a skirt on the bottom. I think it would be cute. I wonder if the guy who does the tie-dye does dresses? I got his card, because these colors are beautiful, but its not upstairs with me. I know he has a website, and I will post a link to it here (these shirts were $10 a piece. He said he has a special- but not sure what is was.)

4 comments:

Elise said...

just out of curiostity, does rhayn's school focus around any certain religions?

lvh said...

ve-ge-tar-ian - old indian word for bad hunter ;-) have a good week

leaner said...

AH- too funny. Yeah I have wondered about that "cheese" crap on vegan stuff. How do they make it? Because I though part of the idea was to eat healthier but if all the food you are eating is super processed then how is that healthy (Are twinkies vegan?)

I forgot about seafood- mmmm crab legs. We are so getting some crap legs when we go out for my b-day tomorrow.

leaner said...

i did! I did! I wrote CRAP legs! Hahahaha!

you try typing with a 14 month old banging the keys along...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...