20061124

Highlights of the Holiday


Wednesday was great. I told one of the ladies at the school that it was my birthday, and she told a few others who sang "Happy Birthday" to me.

Rhayn's school had a "potato festival" which was a good time as well. They roasted many potatoes and the parents were in charge of bringing toppings.

After coming home, Will was home and had purchased a bread machine for my birthday, and the smell of baking bread filled the house. Rhayn and I went to get a pedicure and for coffee (hot cocoa in her case.)I really enjoy hanging out with just Rhayn sometimes. She is so mature. Here is a picture she took while we were enjoying out drinks at Starbucks. I think it is pretty cool.

G'Rat and Purplelurple came up and watched the girls while Will and I went out to eat and to play mini golf. It is so enjoyable to just sit at a meal and not have to take care of anyone other than you.

Thanksgiving was a fairly stressful day. Purplelurple had to leave early because of a death, or a slow dying. It was sad. Then there was a fiasco with my mom's tasty rolls. No one besides JVA knew where they were and he was ill in the bathroom. After everything calmed down and we had food in our stomachs, everything got better.

JVA had brought a wiffle ball bat, which we went out to the field to play. When the guys got to the park, they set up, and the sprinklers came on. So they moved across the street, where they played for about 10 minutes and those sprinklers came on. This happened a few times, resulting in moving the game. It was lovely weather for being outside. The only problem was that both Rhayn and Gavin were grumps.

Back at my house, we sat around for a bit, relaxing, watching some Christmas movies. (Yup, nap time, it was now 4 pm, so everyone was a little sleepy.) Will and Ender played computer games against each other. It was so nice to have all the family here, did I mention that? All five children. We played a quick game of Trivial Pursuit, in which we all sucked. Ending it in a tie at 8pm, so that they could drive home.

This morning I woke up very early, and was wide awake. The temperature has dropped back to normal, which means its a little chilly in the mornings. It actually felt like holidays, so I moved things around in preparation of our tree. Rhayn and I decorated it. Gwennie "helped" by removing some of the lower ornaments. Rhayn was a really big help, especially when my tree attacked me, and made me bleed. (It happens every year, but usually when I am putting it away, not getting it out.)

Yes, I know Gwennie has the same outfit on in the Thanksgiving picture, and this morning. She slept in it, if you must know. Its warm, and cozy and she looks so cute. Its 3 pm, and she is still in it. We are all in our pajamas still. I refuse to go out shopping today. Its black Friday- and that means NO STORES FOR ME. Enjoy your weekend, we will be out hiking tomorrow, and I am really looking forward to that! It is quite temperate and cloudy out today, I hope its like this tomorrow.

1 comment:

Casey Galatos said...

Well sounds like some good times there...and with Thanksgiving we've started our holidays celebrations....and withr holidays coming up we've more fun and frolic in store for us...it sounds so good that you've spent Thanksgiving with your entire family...and holidays are time for family fun and laughter...and hey also drop by my Holiday Blog sometime and share some more of the holiday fun and cheer!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...