20061122

Mama Says Om; Inside



Happy Birthday TO ME!
Happy Birthday TO ME!

Can you tell it is my birthday? Huh? Huh? Yup- its MY birthday, and I want to celebrate.

I don’t care about age, but that may change in the next few years, since I am 29 today. (My mom informed me that this is my last birthday, she is not old enough to have a 30 year old daughter, being 29 herself.)

This week on Mama Says Om, the theme is Inside.

In Arizona this time of year is spent outside. NORMALLY the weather has cooled off and its lovely to be out. We are however having record high temperatures this week, that means 89, 88, 86. It is too hot for November, too hot for my birthday, and to hot to get into baking for Thanksgiving. I plan to make some pumpkin empanadas so Will can have pumpkin pie even if he doesn’t get a slice.)

Usually we don’t want to be inside this time of year. But I am sitting in my house, its still fairly nice out, but I just noticed that my AIR CONDITIONER is running!

Inside,
We spent the summer waiting, watching,
Through dusty days with wind whipping
Painful hot breath.

We spent our days wishing, waiting
For the moment, hoping the cooling
Would come earlier.

We spent time, inside, all summer, unable
To go outside to play.

And now, the weather is nice,
The wind blows softly across bare arms,
And we explore a world almost forgotten.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Girl! Enjoy your Thanksgiving w/ all your family members and Grandma! Wish we could be there too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...