20151005

Teenagers

Having a teenager can be the most rewarding and distressing thing.
You feel like you are doing an excellent job at parenting and they throw a curve ball at you.
You feel like you made the best choices for their early education and they tell you they can't believe they couldn't read until 4th grade (she feels like attending a Waldorf school was bad, because she came to the school here totally behind.
You feel like you are trying to be as fair as possible with her and her sisters, but it's not going to happen. For one thing, they are different people, and we are a different family than we were.

It's hard to be a mom. It's hard to parent a teenager, I want her to know that I love her, and I want her to feel like I accept her for who she is. But I also want her to be safe. The next few years will be tough. No matter what.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...