Remember earlier I posted this link?
In about an hour's worth of time, using a pair of her boxer briefs as sizing, and then her as waist measurement we have three pairs of "girl panties". Gwennie is really excited, she loves the zebra pair best although the other pairs are softer.
I had to change the pattern a little, since we didn't have t-shirts to repurpose. Instead of a hem on the leg part its a zig-zag stitch which gives a nice ruffled effect (which Gwennie loves!) I made the legs longer, and the rise as well.
I will have to make her more to replace all of her current underwear (since they are for boys they are NOT panties, as Gwennie informed me the other day.) A half a yard will make two pairs, too. Since the jersey was on sale at Joanns, as well as the elastic, these cost about $3 each to make.