Gratitude Day 3
I am thankful for my slow cooker. Today it is filled with beans and other tasty things as it slowly combines the flavors in the following recipe for some vegetarian chili. I tweaked a recipe I found online.
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 cups chopped onion
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 red bell pepper diced
* ½ cup of carrots minced (in a food processor)
* 2 1/2 cups water
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 or 2 cups of frozen corn
Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion, bell pepper, carrots and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add 2 1/2 cups water and ingredients (through cannellini beans) to slow cooker.
When onion mix is soft put in slow cooker and combine.
Allow to cook on low for as long as needed (4 hours or more) serve in a bowl topped with cheese, avocado.