20091022

Routine

As a family we are trying to get a rhythm down. Well, I suppose you could call it a routine, not a schedule though. Schedules require time frames and set times for doing things. I just want or need to know that on Monday I will clean the bathrooms, on Tuesday the laundry. After we pick up Rhayn from school we will have a snack and then do some chores.

Because how we are currently living? It. Is. Not. Working.

I have had more panic attack/anxiety freak outs this past week or two than I have ever had before. It doesn't help that my period was all crazy these past few weeks. I spotted for 4 days last week, a full ten days before starting my period. Then yesterday she showed up FULL force instead of the way she usually starts, all slow and easy the first day and painful and heavy the second. No. Not normal at all. And I know, I have been tracking my cycles using MyMonthlyCycles for 40 months. I used it before I got pregnant with Gwennie, too. So honestly I have been using that website for five years, as long as I have had this blog.
Oh, look, if I continue on as I have been, I will get my next period right before my birthday next month. Yay.

Um, where was I going with this?

Oh right, routines.

So I have been trying to figure out how to make our days go smoothly. Do any of you have an afternoon/school routine? If so how did you come to it? Does it make your day go more easily?

I will write more about it later, but for now I am going to lay on the couch for a half an hour with a heating pad. Sigh.

2 comments:

HomegrownTexan said...

We struggle with the routine thing, too, especially since Jim isn't much of a routine person. We have morning routines and after dinner/bedtime routines, but after school is kind of up in the air. I've been trying to get the kids to finish what is left of their lunches and/or put their lunch stuff away (so leftovers don't sit and rot on the kitchen table or get eaten by the dogs, which is what has been happening).

Sometimes after school the kids have a chore, and it's regular enough that they are used to it, but it's not quite as structured as I'd like it to be. Usually on Mondays they fold their laundry...if I've managed to get it all cycled through the drying rack by that time. Usually on Tuesdays evenings we have company, which means they clean their bathroom that afternoon so we don't have to tell our guests to run down to QuikTrip (ok, I'm exaggerating, but only a little ;) ). Sometime during the week they usually have to clean up the dog poop, but we haven't been consistent with it.

And I feel you on the period today. See my blog post for today:
http://homegrowntexan.blogspot.com/2009/10/pain.html

Anonymous said...

Ugh..so hear you on the monthly aunt flo... Must be something going round because mine kept hinting at coming, struck with wicked cramping and not much to show for it. I think today she's finally decided she's actually here. But I've been tired, ACHY, and crabby. This morning I really just wanted to stay in bed...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...