20081022

Slacker

Yes, that is me, a slacker. Seriously. Since I am barely holding myself and kids together, writing on here seems to be the thing that is hardest hit.

But some updates: Will made it safely to Iraq. This sounds silly. But hopefully he will remain safely on the base until he gets to come home.

My stupid brother is planning on REjoining the army. (He got out in February of last year, after two tours of duty in Iraq.) I don't know if that is common knowledge. I mean, he just got married and I thought we would get to spend some serious time with him. He plans to reup in in January. He told us all that at Will's farewell it took everything in him to now attach himself somehow to Will's backpack and join in. He was so jealous of them in their uniforms. I know he liked the structure of the Army, and his wife was Army, too and knows what to expect. I know they will be happy. I just need to make myself happy for them.

I voted already- sent in my ballot and I am sick to death of hearing about the candidates as well as the other items on the ballot. Why can't I just make that all stop. I have to remind myself- only two weeks until election day, and all these negative ads (Democrats seems to be winning in the crappy negative ads in Arizona. All I know about Sydney Hay is that she is a "corporate lobbyist" acording to the DCCC.)

About a month ago I started a 365 blog, "Take a picture a day for a year." I have not yet missed a day. And already I find myself enjoying the camera Will bought in July more. I carry it every where and have taken some great pictures, like this one and these weren't from that camera, but check out Hairball playing her trumpet! Go Hairball! So if you haven't checked that out, well, I have posted there more than here lately.

Friday night was spent at my old high school's homecoming. Now before you judge me as a total loser, um, well just know that I already KNEW I was a loser. Ok? I had a great time, smelling the smells of high school football. Taking in the sounds and feels and just totally reminiscing about my glory days. I loved it. But then again, I try to make it to homecoming every year. I am like that, I wear my dork patch clearly on my sleeve.
I also went and had my hair professionally dyed. Then I went home and added my lovely ultra violet manic panic strip to it. I think this is what Dooce would call septic tank poopy red the striped version. Luckily I like to go red once in awhile. Although I had fears of being Halloween head, when the hairdresser was trimming my bangs and it totally looked orange and black. I let out a big sigh of relief when it came out looking a lot less clownish. Then again, I can pull off clown, really I can.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I wouldn't exactly call you a "slacker"...not with your two girls, school demands, sewing projects, and three blogs! Slacker? No way!

BTW, I like your new dye job. :)

Anonymous said...

Very selfishly I have missed you not posting as often recently. I do however completely understand that you might not have the time, or the energy to do it all right now!! :)

leaner said...

LOL- I feel like a slacker. I had planned a giveaway for my 4 year blogiversary- and it came and went with NO fanfare. Ah well- maybe at 5 years, that gives me a year to make something fantastic.

Amy- thanks, I like it. The color is much happier than what I had before.

Joxer's Human said...

I think CAT would agree with you on being tired of the election.. I watch 6+ hrs of cable news a day, and follow politics like some people follow sports...

However, I couldn't agree with you more about the ads! Being as I live less than a mile from Oregon, I get ads from both states!! You'd think that the stupid cable station would be able to seperate them, or maybe they get to charge more, since the ads are going to more viewers...

I can't imagine how anyone makes any decision based on a 30 second ad anyway. It bothers me to know that there are people who actually vote according to what they heard on a commercial..

And I'm seriously dissapointed to hear that your brother is going back in! Especially so soon.. Can't he at least wait til after June? I was looking forward to seeing him...

Keep your head up cuz! Sending you happy thoughts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...