20080718

Movie Review and Favorite Color

This morning, as the entire southwestern part of Arizona is experiencing excessive heat, and the city pools are closed due to an outbreak of the cryptosporidium or "Crypto", I decided to take the girls to a movie. They wanted to see Wall-E, from the first time we saw the preview. I was skeptical, it looked silly and like it might be lacking a plot. However, the film was great. I would recommend it to a friend (when it comes on video.) So watch it when you have a chance! Alright?

I think I have a new favorite color. I used to love greens and blues. I once was all about red. But I know that with my moods my favorite color changes. But last night, as the sun was setting and it reflected off of the yellow wall in my upstairs room, I caught this picture. Do you see the deep, rich yellow? It looks warm, inviting, happy. I love it. Yellow, especially golden yellows, like amber, are lovely and make me feel happier inside. Instead of my old favorites, the deep blues and forest greens, I am infatuated with yellow, golden like corn.

The other day the girls "painted my face" with some play make-up I have. Rhayn drew something on my skin with silver eyeliner and I realized that although I love silver, I look so much better in gold. It makes my skin tone glow and not look sickly. Sigh, maybe I will start picking up a few pieces of jewelry in gold, well, maybe not. But I would love some amber jewelry.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Ry couldn't sit still through Wall E and I didn't see enough of it to critique it. I love the yellow though, and I'm green person myself.

Homeslice said...

well, now that i've read your review, i'm going to take the girls to see it!!! a friend of mine said she cried at the end :-) and i love deep warm yellows too. my sunroom is painted a deep yellow. super cheery.

Amie said...

I'm sorry to say, I hated it. And most younger kids I know had a hard time sitting thru it due to the lack of characters and dialogue. But I'm glad you found something you liked.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...