20061219

MSO Tuesdays- Traditions


Christmas is a time of traditions. As a child, one of my favorite traditions was decorating the tree (which happened the day after Thanksgiving.) My mom would put it up, with help from the kids. We each put our own special ornaments on it, then my dad came in and put the star on the top. Here is a picture of my parents tree (with the star of my youth on top.)

Another of my most special favorite traditions was the reading and acting out of the bible Christmas story. My dad always read it, and we acted it out (usually having prepared for weeks- and usually a pet was involved. One year my brother Ender was the Shepard and he carried our fat fluffy cat King Solomon around.) When I was 21 I had moved to Colorado. I was depressed about missing that special treat, so my mom had made a video for me, it was one of the best gifts I have ever received.

is a size 6 now. Will always gets a new pair of sleepy pants, too. Now as a parent myself, it is up to Will and I to make the traditions. As a child, we always opened one gift on Christmas eve, so now my girls get to open one gift, only its always a fresh, new set of pajamas. This picture is last year, this year they won't exactly match, because Rhayn is a size 6 now. Will usually gets anew set of "sleepy pants" too, Rhayn picked these ones out. Sweet!

FOr more Traditions, check out Mama Says Om.

1 comment:

abeNanna said...

I'm glad you remember the little things that we did. As you start your own new traditions and continue some of the old you can experience the true joys of the season.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...