20060914

Mama Says Om: Beauty Is...


THis weeks MSO theme is
Beauty is….

My children.
There is nothing more beautiful to me, than those loving eyes. The fact that they look to me with utter wonder at their world, asking me for insight, making me rethink things that I had learned long ago. My children, my loves, the most beautiful things in the world.



Beauty is…
The desert in which I live.
The cacti, the trees and bushes. All of it is beautiful. It has in it the wisdom of our elders. The wind whipping across the desert sings of time gone by, of an ancient people who once loved this land and worked with it, unlike people today who seem to work against it, damming its rivers and watering it to make green, green golf courses, digging holes in Mother Earth, and making nasty ponds that become beds for the mosquitoes who carry west nile around our dear home. But it still adds to the beauty in some ways, you just have to know how to look at it.

4 comments:

abeNanna said...

I echo your two choices of beauty. There is so much to see in the desert, it is sad that most people don't appreciate it. They want to make it just like home, green trees and grass. We are running away to Cochise Stronghold in the Dragoon mountains for the weekend. Beautiful desert we have never seen. Love ya

purplelurple said...

I completly agree with your choices. There is nothing more beautiful than our children that will always look to their mommies as all knowing. And our beautifully awesome desert. I really was missing it for that year in Ely. There is nothing like the AZ sunset.

Lil said...

*nodding head* Yes...it's all so beautiful!!

Shelley said...

I, too, posted one picture of a loved one and one picture from a beloved landscape....

so of course I liked your post!

;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...