20060813

Steps


Last night we went to pick up Daddy at the airport. I am not sure why I love the airport so much, just one of those things that I enjoy. Anyway, Rhayn was impatiently waiting for him to come. I told her to watch for him, and she did for a few minutes. Then her shoe broke, the part that goes between your toes- that came out. So she looked down at it, and wouldn't you know that was when he came out of the "forbidden zone" and I had to say "Um, Rhayn I think I might see Daddy." She leaped into his arms, and nestled into his neck, repeating "I missed you Daddy." Gwennie sort of looked at him, thought about it for, oh about 2 minutes, and reached her arms out for him, too. She also gripped him, like he was going to slip away. I was quite afraid she would not recognize him at all. I also know it was Daddy and not just being tired of me holding her, because one of his OCS classmates wanted to hold her. She basically had to steal Gwennie out of my arms because she refused to go to anyone other then me and Will.

This morning as we were going through the army stuff that needs to be washed, Gwennie took 3 steps. She has been taking one or two for about two weeks (she did that just before Daddy left.) Its like she was waiting for Daddy, and she wanted the steps to be for him, in front of the whole family. How nice of her, huh?

She is also working on one of those top teeth. Her gum is swollen and there is a tiny white spot that will soon be a tooth. I think I am really sad about that. I mean the walking, that makes me unhappy. I wanted her to wait until after her first birthday. But those teeth- the top ones, they just look funny.

I know, I can't keep her a baby forever. But still... I wish I could.

The bottom picture is Rhayn's first birtday. See those upper teeth? See that LOVELY expression? See how much alike my little lovely girls look? I can't believe it will only be a little while and we will be celebrating that one year milestone with yet another little little!

1 comment:

TLC said...

I hope you and Will are having a good time in each other's presence - absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? or is it abstinence? both will do!

It's fast approaching that one year mark for your little little! Just last year you were in the same situation as I am - waiting for baby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...