20060813

Bigger Steps, Dear Rhayn


Dearest Rhaynnon,
Tomorrow you take the biggest step in your life, so far. Tomorrow you start on your journey towards your education. Someday you will look back on this day and remember it as such a simple time. Someday I will look back on this day as such a sweet time.

It doesn’t seem at all possible that you are ready to start school. I can not believe that you will not be here with me everyday all day. There is a time of the day that you will be with other children your own age, learning singing and playing. I will be home, waiting for you, loving you. I know that Gwennie will miss you immensely while you are away. So will I.

On this evening, when you were ready to go to sleep, you were so excited. You wiggled and talked and giggled. It was so hard for you to sleep. Now I am preparing for bed, I am not wiggling, talking or giggling. I want to cry. I am sure you will be fine tomorrow, but will I?

Love,
Your Mama

(I will of course post a picture of Rhayn getting ready for school in the morning. For now, there is just a picture of her newborn self.)

4 comments:

purplelurple said...

Kids first day going to school is always harder for the parents then the kids. I think when Bethy went to school i took her and sat in the parking lot for 2 hrs crying. It will get better though. And just think of how happy she is.

Joxer's Human said...

What a big step!! But I tell you, I'm almost jealous of Rhayn.. I never looked that fabulous when it was my first day at school... She's such a cutie!

Briep said...

I want to go back to my first day of school... any grade. it was the best! college is not so exciting because I take online classes:-( LOL

leaner said...

purplelurple, I still had Gwennie, so was not so bad. I think if I had dropped Rhayn off and not had someone else to care for I would have totally cried!

AH- LOL, she picked her outfit, and I must say she does look cool! Hopefully she won't look back and say "dang that look is SOOO 2006!"

dacheese- yeah, I know what you mean. IF I go to an actual class I still get that little thrill, but online classes are not excting at all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...