20060808

Once again I woke up in the early morning hours with a pounding headache. Why? What is going on that is causing there early morning pains? It stinks, it makes me nauseous, and I spend most of the morning trying to push through it, because I know if I can make it mid morning it will go away (or I can take a nap with Gwennie, when she goes down around 11.)

Yesterday was FILLED with fun. We had a playdate for the babywearers, although only a three of us showed up, it was nice talking to this one from England.

We came home and I rested until around 4 when Carter called and asked what I was doing for dinner. Since I was still trying to make myself get up and make something, this worked out perfectly and we headed over to his apartment.

We went to The Fish Market. We ordered a "Ducket's Bucket" basically an assortment of mussels and cockles. Which had never even heard of. There were these really pretty shelled ones that tasted awful, and Rhayn hoarded the shells and told the waitress she was taking them home. The waitress brought her a to-go box. Rhayn even tried them, and it seemed she liked them! Carter ordered some scallops and shrimp while I had blackened catfish. It was pretty good. The one other time I had eaten there I didn't much care for it, since all the food is mesquite grilled and I am not the biggest fan of that. However the blackening spices cover that taste (either that or the pan fried items are not mesquite grilled.) I may actually want will to go there with me. I know he would enjoy it, as he likes mussels and seafood.

When we left to head back to Carter's Gwennie started crying, her screaming- let me out of the car- give me milk cry. It was miserable. By the time we made it to his house she was so worked up that she was hiccuping and gasping and bright red. She had a death grip on her lemur (which happens to be her all time favorite snuggly and she has two of them, one in the car and the other in the house.) We went inside and talked to Hairball, and left there close to 9 pm. Whoo hoo, I was out LATE. When I got home I still had to finish my homework, but I was in bed by 10:30. So once again my headache is NOT from staying up late... I just need to figure out what it is from, because I am can not function with my head like this!

2 comments:

Joxer's Human said...

It's almost hard for me to feel bad for you when you get to have dinner with CAT, but headaches are the worst! I can be sick as can be, but as long as my head doesn't hurt, I am ok.. And Maxalt is the miracle drug that cures my head..

I used to wake up with headaches. Now it only happens if I don't sleep with MY pillow. It's amazing how a pillow can make such a difference in how I wake up..

Good luck in finding the cure that works for you.... And now I am going to go thaw out some Trader Joe's mahi-mahi that I will grill outside over some mesquite chips.. Thanks for making me hungry..

leaner said...

sorry, it was pretty tasty. I think you were mentioned a few times during dinner.
It does make me feel happy when i get to have dinner with CAT. AND because I got him as a friend all through high school, and beyond. Not sure how life and school would have been with out him.
I hate other people's pillows, too. Maxalt? Hmmmm probably not friendly to nursing babies. Oh well, really only have a headache now and then, usually curable by sleep, ibuprofen, tylenol and or caffeine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...