20060705

Oppression and Scallops

Last night or actually early this morning, there was a bad storm that blew threw here. It broke our delicate tree in the front yard. Will and I have been talking about what tree to replace it with. I don't want to totally get rid of it. The tree WANTS to be a bush, so I think we should cut it off a little ways from the ground and let it live out its bushy dreams. We can plant a tree a little ways back.

The storm still seems to be here, blowing and dripping just a little. So I want to get out of the house. I decided that I would call and schedule Bug's 9 month appointment, her first since she was 2 weeks old, and I am sure the doctor will rip me a new one about how she isn't vaccinated on schedule and I am putting my baby at risk. I am ready for her to start her vaccinations, so they can just shove their opinions where the sun doesn't shine, because it was MY and WILL's choice to delay vax. I am not against them- I just didn't want all of that crap shot into my tiny new little baby. She isn't so tiny and new now, she is getting so big! Yesterday she actually walked along with me only holding ONE HAND, which was a feat for her. She usually just plops her big padded hiney down when I let go of one hand. This time, she took a few steps.

Last night we went to a park in Chandler to watch the fireworks. First we went out to eat at PF Changs (mmmmm kung pao shrimp and scallops, if you like sea food, then you HAVE to try that! Get the combo of both, its just a little spicy as long as you don't eat the peppers and the flavor is perfect for the shrimp and scallops! Those are the BEST scallops I have ever had, they melt on your tongue with buttery goodness. It is delectable!)

Anyway after dinner we stopped at the park, got out our chairs and sat in the sweltering heat of prestorm. Rhayn ran around trying to give herself a breeze to cool off, and Bug was so tired and uncomfortable that she moaned and writhed in my lap. We couldn't figure out why there wasn't even a slight breeze, it was just hot and humid like sitting in a sauna. About 9:30 we noticed lightening and at 10 when we prepared to leave there was a little spittle coming from the sky.

How do people in the south east United States live through this type of heat every summer? How can they deal with the walk outside and be covered in sweaty before you even make it fully out the door heat? Its miserable, its humid and it reminded me of why we say "Its a DRY HEAT." Because that humidity, that oppressive heat, that could really get to you. It felt like a heavy hot blanket over us, pressing on our chests and not allowing sufficient air to get in to our lungs. I was so glad to climb into the truck afterwards and sit with a/c blowing in my face, ah, sweet, cool relief.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...