20060615

swollen breasts! (and not in a good way!)

Breasts, wonderful milk making givers of life and pleasure.
Hot painful redness and swelling.

How have I, or WHY have I, once again been visited by the mastitis fairy? She came in the night and depositied a hot painful area on my left breast this time, an area that I can totally see and feel. So I massage I use a heating pad, and sweat and watch my temperature closely.

I wait, because I really do not want to have to take anything. I have made it through two bouts of this already and been ok. I have so far avoided taking any antibiotics except for when I had strep throat.

Not looking forward to the next few days, since I have stuff to do!


Its evening now, and I feel so much worse. My head aches and I feel faint. Nothing feels good about me. I had a decent day, hung out with my sister and we went to Costco. I FORGOT to pick up some pictures at Costco that I had printed. Grrrr... I knew there was something. And they were to be used to Father's Day. Oh well, he'll understand.

I was reading more on Mastitis and I found this website.
It says "Exhaustion may contribute to mastitis. For example, returning to work, not getting enough sleep, and having house guests may tire a new mother." Which explains why I got it the first time. We had Will's dad here. (house guest) So why now?!

I guess I won't know but since I feel like total crapola I will be headed to the doctor in the morning. Fun fun for me, with two kids and no help. Hopefully my temperature doesn't sky rocket, or maybe Will will have to go to work late.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...