20060613

Loser?



Am I a loser? Is that why I post on here regularly? Do I really have NO life? Will commented that he is surprised that I keep up my blog. Well, I was a regular journal writer as a youth. (It was NOT a diary- none of that fru fru "I hope Brian likes me" or "What should I wear to the dance?" crap.) So writing this is like second nature.

My first journal was started in Kindergarten, courtesy of my mom. The first few entries were written by her, but slowly you see that sweet handwriting of an innocent child. Rhayn also has a journal, but hers is filled with pictures she draws. There is no order to it, and when she thinks of something to draw, she opens it to a blank page and draws it. Often I ask her what she is drawing so I can make a tiny note of it, and write the date on the same page. She calls it her "membery book" (For remembering.)

I have been diligent about keeping up on every single one of Bug's accomplishments, too. I have one of those calendars you write a tiny snippet in. Nearly every day is filled. She also has a journal that started a few days after she was born, and has her story in it. I stopped writing in that though. I think its her first 7 months.

Poor Rhayn is going to say that I didn't care about her as much. I didn't keep a regular anything with her. I hardly wrote down anything. The few things I remember, like her first teeth and crawling being around 6 months were because she did them right around her surgery. She walked at 9 1/2 months because it was Christmas day. I think I wrote some of it down on napkins and papers that are shoved in a box somewhere. But hey, I have no idea where. I feel badly, the first is the one you are supposed to have a million pictures of, and write down every detail of their first year. Why did I slack so badly on hers? I AM the first child, and my book is full of things. I think it is really neat to read through it all. How much I weighed at a year, how tall I was. When I grew my first tooth, it is all neat to compare to Bug and Rhayn's growth. Now poor Rhayn won't have anything to compare.

Its all hind sight, isn't it? If I had a son, he wouldn't give a rats arse if any of his information was written down. Will doesn't have any, but he has a crazy mom as an excuse. We don't have a single picture of him as an infant. Bug? Well we have taken close to 5,000 pictures with our digital camera since she was born.

(the top picture is Rhayn at about 4 or 5 months. The bottom is Bug at about 5 months.)

4 comments:

purplelurple said...

It is good to keep up on writing about stuff helps to clear ur mind. I kept up on Bethy for her first year and then just stopped. I remember all of the girls stuff by what was happening at the time.

leaner said...

I know there have been times that I was unable to sleep or function until I got something out- I love writing. I just wish I was good enough at it to make it a living (LOL!)

TLC said...

I used to keep a journal for many of my teen years too but mine was "sappy" and made me want to always live in the past because - look how much fun I had this ONE day and how it's been shit since...very gloom and doom. So NOT writing was very liberating for me. I too didn't keep track much on the boys stuff - too much detailed work for what? I know some people thrive on that but it's not my bag and I'm not going to pretend it is. I live and enjoy it. Someday I will get chewed out for not having it all in a nicely bound scrapbook or something. I have many calendars that I have written things down in through out the years and maybe someday if I break both my legs I will have time to go through them and make sketchy memory books! I'm bad - I know! Enjoy your writing - you never know where it may lead you. If anything it might instill something in your children or grandchildren!

abeNanna said...

When you have lots of words that need to get out what better way than writing them down? I would love to be able to write more and I hope someday I can find the time to create again. I look back on some of the journals that were started over the years and not only do they help me remember things I would have forgotten, they also help strengthen me in so many ways.

Never feel bad about needing to write. Words have always been one of your gifts and you may surprise yourself someday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...