20051208

In a few hours

In a few hours I will be sitting in a circle with women, who either have a passion for birth, or are going to give birth and want to know everything that they can.

In a few hours, I will be surrounded by women who are willing to share their stories of birth, to tell others what they liked or didn’t like about their births.

In a few hours I will hear the “And it was over, I had a beautiful child, I did it, I am superwoman,” endings that I love best.

In a few hours, I have one of those stories to share. I am a superwoman. I am powerful. I trust my own body, that is knows what to do and that it is able to do it. I had support, I had everything I needed at that time, I was there, yet I was not. I was in a world that involved only me and my soon-to-be-born child. What a strong magnificent place to be!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...