20050825

Slings and Birth Worries




If you think this looks mean- well it isn't. My cat is loving that (she didn't like that I was standing up, but when I sat down she was a purring fool.

As you can see, I actually sewed 2 days in a row! WHOO HOO!!! I made 2 slings today. My cat weighs about 7 pounds, when Rhayn was born Floh weighed more than her! So she is a good weight to see what holding a baby in a sling will feel like (however I won't have a big belly in the way then!)


Rhayn carries her baby doll "squish baby" in her
sling often. Hers is a "no sew" one. Made out of the rings and an old sarong. She loves it though.

I have even started addressing envelopes to send out for birth announcements. I know that after her birth, I won't do anything. I will sleep a lot. I had a million plans for after Rhayn was born but was such a total slacker, I never even sent out birth announcements.

Dreams during pregnancy can be very...um... strange. I have had some weird ones lately. In one I was pumping (ugh something I hate doing) and my milk was lumpy. It looked rotten but it wasn't.

Last night I had the baby and I can pretty clearly remember that she looked almost just like Rhayn as a baby. She wouldn't wake up to eat and I kept trying to wake her up to feed her.

In nearly every labor related dream I have the midwife is not there. I think it means that her presence is more for my dh and less for me. I mean I feel confident in my body's ability to birth and to know what to do. I don't need her there for that, so in my dreams I think she is absent and I am usually in a room with just my dh because I don't feel like I personally NEED her. I am glad she will be there. I can't imagine- really- if she weren't. I don't think I am quite up to unassisted birth. Her support is appreciated, her calming presence in case of emergency. I am not a calm person in emergency.

Dh thinks he is able to stay calm. However when I was having a miscarriage a few years ago, he didn't handle my pain very well. It was miserable because he was stressed out about it, and I was too. I needed him to just take care of Rhayn but he couldn't concentrate enough to make her food. I have talked to him about that. I don't know if he'll be the best birth partner, but at least I have been through childbirth once, so I have a better idea of what to expect. (Not that this means much since all births are different AND this will be a new experience just because we will be at home.) I really hope he is able to support. I need him to be there for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. If you've time, please check my site Wedding Photography Northampton UK It's about locally based Wedding Photography Northampton UK

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...