20210221

Pizza Sauce

1/2 green pepper
1/2 onion
Either grate, core dice or (like me through them in the food processor) 
Saute in olive oil for 15 minutes. Into soft and slightly caramelized. 
Add a couple of chopped garlic cloves
2 tsp of italian seasoning (or a combination, I use fresh oregano because I have a bush of it in my yard!) 
Add one 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes (or 1 can of tomato sauce and 1 diced tomatoes also pulsed in the food processor, because you forgot to buy crushed at the store)  
Simmer on low, stir occasionally until thick and fragrant. 

You are kind of caramelizing the tomatoes. It takes about 30 minutes or so, but.... So worth it. 

For a quick sauce for other pizza I just put tomato sauce and the seasonings into a pan and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes, to cook out the "raw can" flavor. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...