20090410

Expedit

I am trying to organize our house. I am also in the process of getting rid of many toys and clothes. I guess it would be my spring cleaning. The house just seems so littered with crud. I found a few shelves I really liked at Ikea. Sure, this isn't solid wood, but it was so much cheaper than those would be. The biggest plus was that since Ikea's items do not come assembled, I was able to purchase it, and carry it upstairs a few pieces at a time before I assembled it. There are two separate shelves, one that is 5 cubes by 5 cubes, the other is 4 by 4.

I am still moving items around on the shelves. I really love that these shelves do not have a back, so the bright yellow wall color shows through. I was afraid that it would feel much to heavy if I bought some with backs. Also, I am able to showcase a few of Will's more cool Star Wars toys without worrying that the girls will take them out of the box.

My sewing area is just to the right of the shelves, and some of the shelving will be used to store fabric, hopefully in a way that looks nice and not cluttered.

6 comments:

tif-do said...

I love those shelves, and I agree they look great with the yellow showing through!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Looks great!

Amie said...

lookin' good!

homeslice said...

the shelves look great! i love ikea. everything we've gotten there has held up well, despite how cheap some of them are.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I really love a lot of the shelves at Ikea, especially those that can cover the whole wall. It has always been my dream to have a wall of book shelves. I might have to break my compacting contract again some time soon.

Briep said...

I love them and love that i got to go with you to IKEA! sister time is FUN!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...