The next day, I went outside to hang something on the line, and noticed that the entire side yard was flooded. Like, seriously a bloody river was flowing (our backyard's landscaping includes this reddish 1/4 inch landscaping rock. But it has a lot of reddish dust in it, when it gets wet or the dog rolls in it- it shows up as russet.) I ran into the front yard and turned off the drip system. The water had broken the pipe joint completely. Where I had merely fractured it, it was now two separate pieces.
Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap!
Its been a week and I finally fixed it today. I wanted, no needed, someone to tell me that it wasn't too bad. I had merely broken the elbow joint. Not a huge deal to replace. We even had Christy's Red Hot Blue Glue (best stuff ever!) to fix it. Its done now, and hopefully I did a good job. I am not reburying it until it has fully cured (twenty-four hours) and the drip has run a few times. Not a big deal to have a hole in the front yard.
Today I also decided I would finish putting up my concrete block wall for my raised bed garden. (Please excuse the dog excrement that shows up behind the garden.) It wasn't hard. I had originally put it in a different part of the yard, but had since decided to move it to a sunnier place. I am not yet sure if I should finish it out by extending it the additional four feet. The spot it is in was our sand box. Which was huge. I want to move the sand box to where the garden originally was. But I think the sand box will probably just live on the side of the garden for now. Even with the garden there- its still huge.