20080731

Sewing Machine Cabinet

These are pictures of the sewing cabinet that I drove to Egypt for. I loved that it was all enclosed and just looks like a buffet when the door are shut. I want to refinish it. Maybe make it a lighter wood? Or possibly paint it white. But for now, I cleaned it up and it looks better. (I am sorry that the picture is a little cockeyed. Whoopsy.) Here is a picture of the top, with the sewing machine up.
A front view of the doors open.
And finally the biggest selling point on this particular cabinet, over all the others that I looked at. The top drops down and you can sew sleeves and the like. I use this part of my machine often when sewing little girl clothes. And I couldn't imagine not being able to use that.
Now, I am trying to get the area organized and set up so that I have my very own space to sew. It actually came with a machine, an older model Singer. I took that puppy off and attached my newer model singer. I used to hate this machine. But the more I use it, the more I like it. I think it could use a good cleaning, because I sewed a lot with flannel and fleece a while back. Both of those types of fabrics shed fuzzballs into the machine.

Finally a picture of the two containers of fabric (that I have found so far, you see I have bags of fabric scraps every where.) Most of this is little scraps- like the size of fat quarters. If I decided to sew a quilt top, I would totally be set.

4 comments:

Briep said...

That is exciting! I wish I had somewhere for scrapbooking. i get so sick of pulling stuff out anf then putting it all back. It gets really old fast!

Homeslice said...

it's a really nice cabinet! not sure i've ever seen one before, but it looks really nice.

Christina said...

Oh, my mom had a cabinet like that where you could drop the machine down, it's very handy. I love that!

Lisa said...

That's a beautiful cabinet. Even if you just left it the way it is, it'd still look nice. I think every crafty person dreams of having that one special place for their projects. It looks like you'll get some good use out of this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...