20080608

It is a HOUSE meme.

When you walk in your front door, which room do you enter?
A dining room area.


Do you have a dishwasher?
Yes


Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floors?
Carpeted with ugly brown/tan carpet (covered in stains.)


Do you keep your kitchen knives on the counter or in a drawer?
I keep my knives in a block on top of the refrigerator.


House, apartment, duplex or trailer?
House. Although I have lived in all of those besides a duplex. (I always wanted to live in a rowhouse, though.)


How many bedrooms is it?
Four, and they are used as such- one master bedroom, one girls' bedroom, one office and one guest room.



Gas stove or electric?
Electric, but Will would like to retro fit a propane tank to come in the house to our stove so we could have gas. I grew up with electric and have fear issues with gas stoves.


Do you have a yard?
Yessireebob.


What size TV is in the living room?
Its huge and plasma, and did I mention its huge? It plays Friends and Stargate SG-1 really well.


Are your plates in the same cupboard as your cups?
No, each has its own special cupboard on either side of the stove. My mom put them in their respective cabinets when we moved in and I, being lazy, have never switched them, even though I think the cups should be closer to the sink.


Is there a coffee maker sitting on your kitchen counter?
No. I recently retired the coffee maker to the garage. I stopped drinking my morning coffee about a month ago and switched to a morning cup of green tea. I bought an electric kettle that sits in the sad lonely stop that held the coffee maker for so long. (My electric kettle only cost $30 at Target- and it doesn't heat up the kitchen like the teapot on the stove did every morning. And also I don't have to make the girls' instant oatmeal in the microwave, which I have been trying not to use anymore.)


What room is your computer in?
It is in my bedroom. But I hate having it in here. I wish that I had a laptop and could take it with me. Maybe in a few years. But I do like my beautiful, hand-me-down, nineteen inch, flat panel monitor.


Are there pictures hanging in your living room?
Yes, a few Monet prints. The dining room (being our front room) has the family pictures and pictures of the girls hanging in it.


Are there any themes found in your home?
Themes? I guess BROWN would be the theme in our house. Although I am changing it, because it makes me blue (snicker.) We were going for an Asian theme in our bedroom, but it just didn't really work. Rhayn's room is fairy-licious.


What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
Wintree because they sell it at Costco and it smells pretty. Also? I only use about a tablespoon of it in a medium load, it lasts a long time.


Do you use dryer sheets?
Sometimes, because we have cats, and they help the few things I still dry in the dryer keep from having static cat-hair cling. (Or the clothes that I dry on the line- but throw in the dryer on the fluff cycle.)


Curtains in your home?
When we first moved in, they were all made by me. Now we have slowly replaced most of them with very nice Target-bought curtains (and a set I bought at Lowe's on clearance, baby!)


What color is your fridge?
I suppose under the magnets and filthy hand prints it is white, just kidding it isn't that messy.


Is your house clean?
Well, that depends on your definition of clean. Its passable, but if you look at the shelves its really dusty. So is clean dust-free? Because I guess you could say my house it tidy- but not clean.


What room is the most neglected?
The laundry room, because the floor in there always looks dirty even when I just swept and mopped (but that hasn't happened in months.) You see our trash and recycling bins are in there and there is a baby gate in the doorway to keep the dog out of the litter box. So we toss our rubbish over the gate and into the bins, it doesn't always make it, and then the floor gets covered in nasty stuff. (Or an ice cream carton misses the recycling bin and ends up behind it and drips vanilla ice cream on the floor, which is left to harder over months of neglect.)


Are the dishes in your sink/dishwasher clean or dirty?
Currently none in the sink (my goal) and dirty in the dishwasher but it is nearly full.


How long have you lived in your home?
Nearly five years by the end of this month.


Where did you live before?
A townhouse. One of those ones that is connected by one wall to the next house and the yard is mostly fenced by the next house, too. It was Will's bachelor pad, he lived there when we met.


Do you have one of those fluffy toilet lid covers on your toilet?

No way, Jose! Those are for my Grandma.


Do you have a scale anywhere in your house?
Yes, Will needs to see how much he weighs. He uses it way too much.


How many mirrors are in your house?
10, I think. None, thankfully, on any closet doors. And as long as the bathroom door stays mostly shut, I don't see reflections in them at night (big fear of mine- stupid Bloody Mary Legend. I shouldn't have read that- it says she can still get you if you are close enough to a mirror in the night and not even trying to call her. Darnit.)


Look up. What do you see?
Two pictures, one of my Grandpa standing in a field of wheat, one of a turtle that is a print from an aboriginal painting I once saw in Outback Steakhouse and loved. Will bought it for me, from Australia.


Do you have a garage?
Why, yes, yes I do. It is my friend, and it a great place to store things and to park our cars. But sometimes I wish we didn't have one, so that we would be forced to be outside our house once in a while, and maybe meet our neighbors. Garages are a great way to hide from the world. You get in the car in the garage, you drive away, you drive into the garage and never have to really look at your neighbors.


Tag! You are it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...