20071106

Feeling HOT

I went out and bought myself a new outfit today. I will post a picture of it when I get Rhayn to take a picture of me in it.

I needed some shoes to wear to my friend's wedding on Friday. There will be quite a few people there that I have not seen in ages, and an old boyfriend. Now he is one of the many guys I dated but stayed good friends with. He has a girlfriend/fiance whom he has been with longer than I have been with Will. They have two adorable little girls. BUT I want to look good, you know? I don't want to feel like a shlumpy old stay at home mom.

I wanted a pair of high heeled shoes, but I need them to bend so that I can walk. Luckily I walked into Kohl's and there they were. So pretty, so bendy, so perfect. Well, the only way they could have been better is if the were red patent. (I have been in search of a red shoe for years.) Then I decided that I wanted to try and find a nice black pencil skirt to go with them, and maybe a shiny red shirt. I found a nice shirt, but no skirt. I did try some on. But the only one that fit had a nautical feel, and I was going for more of a pin-up girl look. I purchased my shoes and headed over to Old Navy, and found the perfect skirt (although full price.)

The outfit makes me excited. I like the way I look in it, even though I seriously need to shave my legs. It isn't very often that I put an outfit on and think "Dang, I am HOT!" Even though Will tells me that I look good often. I don't see or feel that. I just wish he was going to be home to go with me to the wedding. I was totally looking forward to making him dance with me (for the first time, mind you, EVER.)

Sigh, at least I get to feel good and the girls will be cute as always. now I just need to figure out what to do with my hair...

4 comments:

tif-do said...

Good for you every one needs an outfit or two that makes them feel Hot. Strut your stuff!

abeNanna said...

I have many outfits that make me feel hot, but not in the way yours does. Kind of like too many layers, too much sun, not cooling off fast enough. Hope you have a great time.

Unknown said...

I'm so surprised you didn't find the red patent leather shoes at Kohl's. Every day in their ad's they always advertise them and I have even seen them at the store. I thought I needed them but talked myself out because how often would they be worn? I did buy some super sexy stilletos this summer and I have worn them a number of times when I was in NM. Mostly with jeans but they are beauties! They have a soft sole where I feel like I could run in them if I needed to. Post some pictures when you get a chance. Why don't you make yourself a pencil skirt?

leaner said...

"Carter"I did see the red patent heels at Kohl's but they weren't leather, and didn't bend, so I couldn't walk in them. I have a bunion on my left foot, so finding a nice looking dress shoe that is also easy on the foot isn't very easy!
I needed a skirt by Friday, and I don't much care for sewing clothes for myself yet. I did think about it, after looking all over Kohl's for a nice one. I

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...