20061130

14 Months Old

Dearest Gwennie Bug,

You are now fourteen months old. It amazes me daily how much of a little person you are becoming!

There are moments when I wish you were still a tiny little snuggle bug, like when you are pushing me away because I am trying to hold you. You will run off to play, but usually you quickly run back to me and put your arms up “me! me!” you exclaim. Sometimes I can not pick you up, but I always want to hold you.

You are still a mama’s milk fiend. You could live off of it, but we are trying to make sure you eat a few meals a day. Your favorites are beans, lentils, and potatoes. I also found out recently that, unlike your sister, you are a dipper. We were enjoying a nice hamburger from In and Out the other day. I had some fries. You had eaten a little bun, and a little of the hamburger meat, so I gave you a few fries. You reached over trying to dip your French fries into my ketchup. I let you have a little. You dip so gently, the way you do nearly everything (other than loving the cat.) The very tip of the fry goes into the ketchup, and then you slowly put it to your mouth and take a bite off the end. I finally had to put some ketchup in a container just for you so that I could finish eating. I love watching you eat, really, but sometimes it takes so long!

Yesterday we went to see Santa. I was worried about your fear of strangers. But then I should have remembered your love of all grandpa-like men. You will walk up to any old man, smile at him, and reach your pudgy loving arms up to him. Rhayn’s teacher is not a grandpa, but he is older (maybe that same age as your own young grandpa) and you love Mr. J so much. In the mornings you want him to hold you. At lunch when we pick up sister you want him to hold you. He has a daughter who is only eight months old, and you weigh a little more than her. His wife is one of my friends at the school. She and I seem to get along well, which I am glad for because your mama needs friends badly!

When Rhayn was a baby we received this rocking Tigger. She loved it, or at least we thought she did. You ABSOLUTELY love to rock. You will spend large amounts of time rocking back and forth gaining momentum. You look so pleased with yourself.

I am still so astonished by you, by the way you have finally started to talk, and to assert your feelings. When you want something, and you do not get it, often you will sit down, with a harrumph. Sometimes you fling your body backwards, and twist yourself to try to get away. It is hilarious to watch your expressions when I tell you “no” as you grasp at my shirt yanking it upwards, trying to free the milk.

Oh, my darling little girl, I love you more than you will know until you have your own sweet baby.

Always,
The mama

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cutie pie! She's growing so beautifully!

I hope you learn how to knit! I learned how to knit because the boys learned from school and they needed help at home. At first I didn't like it and never touched it again till a year or so later when I started making those little hats. Look at me now!

I have a pattern for longies if you are interested. It's from that little turtle knits site. I need to be in a good head space to attempt that pattern - I think i will try today, since I don't have anything else to do. I have some wool yarn leftover and Mikaela could really use a pair. check out knitpicks.com for CHEAP wool yarn that works very well for felting and other stuff.

Oh, I'm so excited to get a Mei tei from you! Thanks so much!!! Sure, make a ring sling w/ the rest of the fabric. You never know if this girl will like it better or like you said, I can give it away to some mama in need of a baby holder.

wow, what a long post! should have just emailed you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...