20060930

Mommy-Daughter Time

Sometimes we get so busy in life that we forget the little things that matter so much. Lately I have been totally neglecting one of those very important things.

Rhayn.

So today I decided that she and I would go out, just the two of us. We used to spend almost every waking moment together, talking and laughing and playing. Now, well it seems like we spend our moments around Gwennie, not talking as much to each other. I feel like I hadn't even noticed the beautiful girl she has become.

It was nice, to drive in the car with her, talking and laughing and singing along with the Ramones. It was great to go into a movie, and talk to her during the previews, sharing a cup of root beer and some popcorn. These are things she and I did often before Gwennie.

After the movie, Rhayn and I walked around the mall for a bit, and stopped at the fruit stand on our way home. It was all in all a great day. I just feel like she is growing up at light speed, even faster than Gwennie, and because I have been so wrapped up in Gwennie this past year, I have forgotten Rhayn. She was always there on the back burner, waiting for me to notice her.

And, being an oldest child myself, I know it is important for her daddy and I to make time to spend with just her. Maybe not every week, but at least every month, one of us needs to take her out, and just talk to her. Its like getting reacquainted with her. I love that girl, even when she is being silly. She is so much like me, in so many ways, and so unlike me at the same time. I just adore her, the person she is and imagining the adult she will become.

Sometimes, you just have to stop and spend a little time with your child, letting them talk to you and really giving them your undivided attention.

1 comment:

Briep said...

She is so grown up she amazes me with something new that she knows and wants to tell me. I love that little (or big) GIRL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...