20060911

Busy and Sick


Its been a busy few weeks. I feel like everything is getting out of control. Our ant problem is back, and so gross. I through away a loaf of bread this morning, covered in ants. Yuck. But that was NOTHING compared to the creepy, crawling caterpillars, which is a story I am leaving to my mom to write.

Saturday SLA, Dacheese, Madder, my mom, Gwennie and I loaded up at 7 am, and headed out to Pima to a baby shower. We only made it 80 miles before Gwennie had worked herself up enough to vomit mucus all over herself. Which meant that the pretty dress she had on was tossed aside. It also meant that my mom had to drive my truck and SLA drove her Explorer, so that I could sit in the back with Gwennie.

It was a nice drive after that, because she fell asleep and my mom and I just talked and talked. We arrived at the shower at 10am. After the shower we went to eat at Casa Manana. (The House of Tomorrow?) which is a Mexican place we alway eat at in Safford. My mom ran into an old friend of the 4wheelTacos, and they chatted up a storm.

Then we had to stop at Walmart, because Dacheese needed to buy Madder some tylenol for her fever. She had gotten shots the day before and was miserable. This was followed by a trip to the Glenbar cemetary. (Where the catepillars tried to attack us!)

The thing that kept striking me, was that normally when we go to Safford, I can not fathom why the Mormon pioneers would possibly stop there. It is usually pretty dead and brown. This time, there was green everywhere. It was like spring had come to the area in September. The recent rain from the monsoon has brought out the flowers that remained in hiding when there wasn't enough water before. I know, this picture isn't really green, but I didn't get a picture of the real green as we were driving along. The rolling fields of yellow and orange flowers, so pretty.

On the way home, we stopped to trade cars. Dacheese and I were headed home while the others were getting a horse trailer at Aunti Florence's house. We made it to Superior, and had to stop for Madder this time. She was screaming and screaming. We did find a gem of a park to play in the sand for a little while. Since it was such a beautiful day.

All day Saturday I felt under the weather. We have a cold at my house, so far Gwennie seems to have been spared. However last night on the way home from my parents, a migraine hit. I spent the evening on the couch. When Will got home from his weekend, he watched the girls while I went to take a bath. However I never made it to the tub, I laid on the bed and fell asleep. At 7 I woke up to put Rhayn to bed, and Gwennie went to sleep also. So we were all asleep by 8. I do feel a little better this morning. And Rhayn's "skeeto bites" seem better today. She had one on her right wrist that was huge, like a bee sting looks on me. She is also acting a little sick, but didn't want to stay home ferom school today.

Well, that was about our weekend, and today I am trying to play catch up while I rest and try to get better. I need to go to Costco, but there is no way I am going today.

In a few minutes I need to go pick up Rhayn from school, and try to take a nap.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...