I decided to try my hand at sewing some wool soakers from a sweater. From one sweater I was able to get this soaker AND a pair of longies from the arms. Well for the soaker I didn't use the cuffs from the sleeves, I just hemmed them. It seems to have worked well. Originally I made it WAY too big, like it would have fit ME. So I had to cut it down and resew it. I also used elastic in the waistband instead of a drawstring like the baby bum wrap shows. I still have to fix the front, it bulges out, but it came out pretty well. I think the sweater cost me $6 at a thrift store, and a dollar for the elastic. I think given time i could totally perfect that, I want to use the sleeves to make shorties instead of longies, because, well we live in Arizona, and its too dang hot for longies most of the year!