20060726

Raining Goats

Last night the winds whipped our house, the lightening flashed and thunder roared.
I had just gotten done telling Will that it was not going to rain because it had done this the past 3 nights. He gets up and looks outside, and opens the door so I can hear what he is about to tell me. I am wrong. Here that internet universe? I. WAS. WRONG. I know its hard to admit when I am wrong, just like everyone. It is one of those things that are hard to say.

But last night? I was so glad to be wrong! It rained off and on for a few hours, and I was able to doze off listening to it drenching the side of my house and rinsing off months of nasty dust.

Ah the sweet, sweet smell of rain. I wonder if I lived somewhere that it rained regularly if I would still appreciate it as much as I do now?

This morning, I was up at 6:30. Since Will is now working for the Army (and this is a whole story in itself, but I am not ready to talk about it yet) he has to be there at 7 and he is home arounf 3 or 4. Do you know how great that is? He is home with plenty of time to play with Rhayn. He is getting to spend more time with her! He said a few weeks ago that he feels like he never has enough time with her.

At a little after 7, I decided that it would be a perfect time to go to the zoo for a few hours. We got dressed, packed a lunch and were out of the house by 8 am. It was nice in the shade at the zoo. But was it ever humid today! I think that its 45% humidity and its in the low 90s. So hot, so humid. But nice to be out of the house!

Gwennie was in total awe of the goats, she wanted to lay on them, give them hugs and yet she was so afraid of them at the same time. I wish you could see how hugely pregnant this poor goat is. Her right side jutted out further than the left. Poor thing, I hope she pops soon!

The heat made my head hurt, I would say I am a little dehydrated (well was- I drank 32 ounces of water when we got home.) There is something about walking around in humid heat that drains the sweat out of you. It feels so sticky and I do NOT want to move somewhere that is humid like that. Yuck.

1 comment:

Joxer's Human said...

Those pictures look like they're taken in two different countries.. I'm feeling bad for you.. It's gonna be 82 here today and in the 70's for the next 6 days!! Oh wait.. I'd better not gloat, huh? (knocking on wood)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...