20060619

Antibiotics FOR ALL!

Friday Will came home from work and I showed him a coupon in the Costco booklet for an entertainment center at Costco home that matches the espresso finish that we both like and have been filling our house with. It is huge and was marked down $200.

Saturday, Will was playing tennis with his co-workers, which upset me, but that is an entirely different post that I really don’t want to get into right now. But he said he would stop by the store and check out that entertainment center. We have been talking about getting one for a while and we knew our price range. He purchased it, but we had to go back and pick it up later. This was fine, because the other day when I was at Costco I forgot to pick up some pictures that I had printed for him to Father’s Day. So I was planning on driving there anyway. I told him I would pick it up (or as much as would fit in our truck in one trip.)

I picked it up but we couldn’t get all of it, as I was sure would happen. We decided to pick up the rest on Sunday, and set up what we had. It looks strange, this large thing in our living room. It really makes the focus of the entire room the tv, which neither of us likes all that much. Also there is a large patch of the wall that is unpainted because I couldn’t move our other entertainment center when I painted that room.

We were exhausted and fell asleep pretty early. Around midnight though, Bug woke up, and she was really warm and fussy. I held her in the chair for most of the night or lay with her nursing. By the morning I had given her some acetaminophen because her temperature was 103.5. It only lowered it by a few degrees, and we weren’t sure what to do. Rhayn never really got sick, and usually when she had a fever it would drop by morning and she would be better. Since it was Father’s Day, we had plans. We had some places to go. Her temperature was about 101,so we decided we would watch it. If it went back up to over 103 we would take her to the urgent care center or if she started acting worse. So we packed up the thermometer.

We headed out, and had lunch at Copper Kettle. Bug ate a little gnawed on some naan, and drank a small bit of mango lassi. She seemed in better spirits, so we headed to our next stop the “dinosaur seum” as Rhayn calls it, the Mesa Southwest Museum. As we walked around, she felt like she was getting warmer and warmer, but I snuggled her close in the sling and she slept. When we got out into the car, I took her temperature, but I knew it was high just from feeling her burning head. It was 103.9. Will said, “Where is an urgent care?” The only one I knew of was right across from Costco. So we went there.

The prognosis is tonsillitis. They gave her stuff to lower her temperature and a prescription for amoxicillin.

She started acting better about an hour later, and even smiled and laughed a little. This morning her temperature was back up above 103. I can’t believe that we had to go to urgent care and that she is on antibiotics. It is so weird to me. Every stereotype about breastfed babies has been wrong with Bug, she is above the average weight (most formula fed babies are heavier, Rhayn barely made 19 pounds at 1 year,) she has been ill often in the past 8 months, too.

Anyway, I am so exhausted. I think we are spending the next few days snuggling on the couch or in the lazy boy, because I just don’t have any energy. What a long weekend. And on top of it all, I am worried that Bug and I won’t be better in time to go camping next week, AND there are some pretty bad fires raging in the north.  

So cross your fingers, or say a prayer that we are all feeling better by this weekend.

2 comments:

Briep said...

I did not like taking madders to urgent care last week but she just had some virus. I think I told you about it and her RASH!

Joxer's Human said...

All you sickly people are gonna come to the reunion to share your cooties. I just know it.. Seems like it took me months to get over that cold that Hairball gave me in January..

Well, at least I'll have something to bring back with me to remember you by.. Hope you're feeling better soon!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...