20060125

Never ending!

I swear that this cold has lasted years. Ok, I know its only been a few weeks, but its still awful. Rhayn had avoided it for the most part but yesterday, after called dacheese and saying "You are coming to visit me tomorrow." I noticed Rhayn was a little lethargic. So I was rubbing her head, and noticed that she was also warm. Great.

Temperature at 102.5. Joy. She is sick. Then she laid on the couch and TOOK A NAP. If any of you know Rhayn, you know this means she is really REALLY sick. She never naps, she stopped taking those by the time she was 2! So I know that meant I needed to watch her.

When daddy got home, she woke up and told him her head ached. So we gave her some tylenol, and within an hour she seemed to be feeling better, and ate some broccoli for dinner (and some chicken w/ lemon shallot sauce that I made.) She told me the chicken was yummy, Will didn't eat it, he opted for lasagne left over from a few days ago. I can't eat it because its giving Bug an upset stomach. (She is allergic to large amounts of marinara.)

I went upstairs to take a bath, and when I came down, Bug was crying. This is perfectly normal. Will, having no breasts can't always satisfy her. But he always ALWAYS neglects to check her diaper and see if she is dirty. Which she was, she didn't want milk, she wanted a clean butt!

Even with the nap, Rhayn still went to bed at her normal time. She woke around 12 and climbed into bed on daddy's side where she stayed until he got up and put her on the floor on my side.

unfortunately I slept like total crap, being stuffed up and also having a stuffy Bug next to me. It was a long night, and I feel like I could have used a few more hours of sleep. Oh well. I guess I should go take a shower. I never got around to that yesterday and I feel rather disgusting.

7 comments:

TLC said...

something horrible is going around here too but i won't say whose been spared - as i have no wood around to knock on (i don't believe that crap but clint does, so i won't say it to spare him)

Pen-nut said...

Hope you all feel better soon. Love ya!

Briep said...

wish I could have went to your house. I am alone and sad here. See ya when I get back... I get to see the ocean for the first time..( that I can remember anyways)

Elise said...

gee, i guess skipping our play date didn't save you from my cold. Maybe it is contagious through email....sorry :(

Joxer's Human said...

Ha! Yes hairball, it is.. And here I was thinking I was going crazy for thinking that I'd re-caught your cold through my computer. Must be a virus.. I had fought it off for two weeks and then last night, BAM, it had snuck back up on me when I wasn't looking..

It was bad enough hairball made me ill while I was down there for New Year's (though she may not have been the only contaminated person I was in contact with, since she made such a point of telling me about how she was concerned she didn't want to make me sick, I'm blaming her!)

Thanks hairball.. Thanks for sharing your cooties...

Hope you all get better soon.. I really do feel bad for you, and know what you're going through..

leaner said...

Yeah, thanks for the cooties, hairball! It must be some really REALLY strong cold!

Elise said...

Yeah that's right, BLAME the hairball!!! Just chew me around and hack me out like a......well a HAIRBALL ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...